Virtual Conversation: 7 PM 10/8 Real Young Black Men VOTE
Join Senator Hughes for a critical conversation on the upcoming election and why your vote matters
Voting is power and I want to make sure every voter understands that going into the 2020 General Election. That is why I am holding a virtual event to address a very important demographic — young Black men. We want to make sure young Black men have their voices heard in this very important election.
Real Young Black Men VOTE
7 PM, Thursday, October 8
I will be joined by a great group of guests ready to engage in the important issues that matter to young Black men. Our goal is to get to the heart of the issues and help inform and empower young Black men so that their voices are heard at the polls and resonate for years to come. Here are my guests:
- Etienne Maurice, Activist & Producer – Walkgood Productions
- Isaiah Thomas, Philadelphia City Councilmember
- Salaah Muhammad, Regional Field Manager – Color of Change
- Tomas Varela, Director of Advocacy & Communications – Urban League of Philadelphia
- Antoine Robinson, Community activist, mentor
- Amen Brown, Community activist/community center founder
- Tamir Harper, UrbEd Founder, American University student
Space in the conversation is limited so please RSVP today here.
I hope that you can join me for the conversation tomorrow or share the invite with someone who you think may benefit from the conversation.
Lastly, make sure you have a plan to vote on or before election day. Visit votespa.com for the latest information on registering to vote, voting by mail or to find your local polling location.