HARRISBURG – June 20, 2018 – Senator Vincent Hughes joined hundreds organized by the POWER interfaith network rallying for the 100% funding formula for all public schools across Pennsylvania.
Activists say that currently only 7.5 percent of state education funding is equitably spent. This means that the remaining 92.5 percent is not evenly distributed among all school districts in Pennsylvania, but is instead distributed on a merit based system that takes into account student performance on statewide mandated testing.
Senator Hughes expressed his support for legislation currently in the House would provide 100 percent fair funding for all public schools in Pennsylvania.
Listen to Hughes on this issue: