Rental Assistance Still Available

Income Affected by Pandemic? Apply now. Don’t wait.

Emergency Rental Assistance Program

The Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) is available for renters of residential properties who are at risk of eviction or utility shutoffs due to hardship caused by COVID-19. Landlords can apply for assistance on behalf of tenants if the tenant is eligible. If you need assistance, don’t wait. Apply today.


To qualify for assistance, a household must be responsible to pay rent on a residential property and meet each of the following criteria:

  • One or more people within the household has qualified for unemployment benefits, had a decrease in income, had increased household costs, or experienced other financial hardship due directly or indirectly to the COIVD-19 pandemic; AND
  • One or more individuals in the household can show a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability; AND
  • The household has an income at or below 80 percent of area median income, which varies by county. Income limits by county are available can be found here. Resources (like bank accounts and cars) are not relevant for ERAP eligibility.

How to Apply

Residents of Philadelphia can visit or call 215-320-7880.

Residents of Montgomery County can Call Your Way Home by dialing 2-1-1 or texting your zip code to 898-211 or by contacting one of the following agencies:

Applications can also download and print an application or obtain an application from their county ERAP office.

Applicants will need to provide the following information: head of household’s personal information, income information for all household members 18 and older, rental lease and amount owed, landlord’s name, and landlord’s contact information. If applying for utility assistance, applicants must provide utility expenses and utility provider information.

Applicants should be prepared to provide documents that substantiate information provided, such as pay stubs, tax filings, unemployment letters, and rental/utility arrears. However, if applicants do not have documents, county ERAP offices will work with applicants to obtain documents or written attestations.