Ensure an accurate 2020 Census, do your part and respond today
Philadelphia stands to lose about $21,000 for each person not counted accurately
September 30 marks the deadline to respond to the 2020 Census as mandated by the current federal administration. Only about 57 percent the 7th Senatorial District has responded to the census, so we need to increase the response rate dramatically in the next few days.
You might have heard that the deadline has been extended but you shouldn’t wait to respond. An accurate count ensures the region has the resources it needs going forward. Billions in federal funding is at stake and Philadelphia stands to lose about $21,000 for each person that is undercounted. Take 10 minutes today and help set the region up for success for the next 10 years.
Here are a few reasons why the 2020 Census is so important:
- The census determines where federal resources go for the next 10 years
- It determines political representation in Washington, D.C. and Harrisburg
- It shapes federal planning for transportation, development, businesses and other infrastructure
- State emergency response resources are based on the census
- The data and research from the census will be used in critical reports and statistics
Again, we need you to respond to the 2020 Census today. Do not wait! If you have questions or need any assistance with the census call at 844.330.2020.
REMINDER: Pennsylvania is in the Green Phase, but we still need you to wear your masks when you go into businesses and may interact with large groups of people. It is critical we take the necessary steps to continue to slow the spread of the coronavirus COVID-19.