1 week left to register for Read to Succeed
Senator Hughes’ signature reading program goes virtual to slow COVID learning slope
Senator Hughes signature summer reading program is back for its ninth year!
This year’s Read to Succeed program will be held virtually using Zoom. There are a limited number of spots remaining, so we encourage you to register online today!
Here are some facts about this year’s program:
- 4 weeks, Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- 120 minutes of reading instruction per day
- Research-based curriculum based on instructional best practices
- Daily instruction provided by certified teachers
- Student to teacher ratio 10:1
- Activities involving STEAM focused lessons
The Philadelphia Citizen highlighted Read to Succeed as one of its ways to help schools now. Given the loss of instruction time because of COVID-19 and other closures, it’s critical we support the program and initiatives that drive learning outside of the classroom.