- This event has passed.
Free Tax Preparation
February 8 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Senator Vincent Hughes in partnership with Campaign for Working Families and the Overborrk Park Civic Assocation present Free Tax Preparation Event.
Have your taxes prepared at no charge. File for the Earned Income Tax Credit, which could get you thousands in tax refunds.
In addition to free tax prep, there will be assistance for those filing for the Earned Income Tax Credit, credit repair, homeownership, utility assistance and more. Those coming to apply for onsite utility assistance should bring proof of income to the event.
Come Prepared! Here’s what you need to bring:
For quick and easy tax filing bring the following documents for you, your spouse, and anyone you are claiming as dependent.
- Identification: Current driver’s license • State ID • Passport • Green Card • Employment
- Authorization Card: Birth dates of all household members
- Social Security Number: Social Security Card (or other SS document with full SSN on it)
- Income: W-2 and 1099 forms for income • pensions or Social Security, or unemployment received in 2018 • Previous year’s tax return (if available)
- Childcare: Year-end statement for childcare expenses • Social Security Number or Employer Identification Number (EIN) of the provider
- Education: 1098-T form for college/trade school expenses paid
- Medical: 1095-A statement (if applicable) • Total all expenses plus bills/receipts for medicine and doctor’s visits as backup
- Home: Property tax documents