- This event has passed.
Tax Prep/EITC Information Session
March 28 @ 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Come Prepared: What you need to bring!
For a quick and easy tax filing bring the following documents for you, your spouse, and anyone you are claiming as dependent.
- Current driver’s license, State ID, Passport, Green Card, Employment
- Birth dates for all household members
Social Security Number
- SS Card (or other social security document with full SSN on it)
- W-2 and 1099 forms for income, pensions or Social Security, or unemployment received in 2018
- Previous year’s tax return (if available)
- Year-end statement for childcare expenses
- Social Security Number or Employer Identification Number (EIN) of the provider
- 1098-T form for any college/trade school expenses paid
- 1095-A statement (if applicable)
- Total all expenses plus bills/receipts for medicine and doctor’s visits as backup
- Property tax
File for it when you file your federal taxes: It’s FREE and EASY
Get up to $6,431 back when filing your taxes this year!
That’s a lot of money back in your pocket! If you are at least 25 and under 65 OR have a qualifying child, you may be eligible for the federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). The EITC is a refundable credit available to individuals and families, that is worth up to $6,431 per income tax return. EITC does not count as income. So no matter how much you get back, you’ll still be eligible for any government assistance programs you’re enrolled in.
2018 Income Eligibility Based on Filing Status
|Number of Qualifying Children||Single, Head of Household, Widowed||Married, Filing Jointly||Maximum Benefit|
|Three or more||$49,194||$54,884||$6,431|